Healthy Pink Sauce
Hats off to Chef Pii for creating the original Pink Sauce! I’m a huge fan of Dragon 🐉 Fruit and use it whenever I can. It’s such a fun way to naturally color food and to make recipes healthier & more magical. Dragon Fruit is loaded with antioxidants, prebiotics & fiber. You can buy fresh or frozen dragon fruit or you can get it in easy to use powder form.
My recipe for Pink Sauce is actually vegan friendly. I used cashew nuts in place of any dairy and to add more creaminess and healthy fats.
- 1 cup soaked cashews (soaked at least 4 hours)
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 Tablespoon Dragon Fruit Powder (or 1/2-3/4 cup fresh dragon fruit)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-3 teaspoon raw honey (to taste- can omit but a dash of sweetness helps balance the flavors)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (omit if you don’t like a hint of spiciness)
- 1 garlic clove or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro (can omit)
- 1/4 cup fresh water (more to desired consistency)
- Add all ingredients (except cilantro) to the blender and whip until smooth
- Add a little more water as needed until desired consistency
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your palate
- Once you have adjusted and are happy with sauce add in cilantro and pulse a few times
yield 8-10 oz
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Use it as salad dressing, buddha bowl dressing, dip for chicken fingers, crudités dip, tacos… experiment and find your favorite way to use it.
Join my bi-monthly dose for all things well-fed and well-lived.
Enjoy recipes & inspiration for eating, living & feeling WELL through REAL nourishment.